We are becoming and growing Lovable and Loving World Changers here at Family Compassion Focus. It is a delight!
Maybe you are drawing pictures for new friends at the local nursing home. Maybe you are protesting injustice at your city hall. Maybe you are selling cupcakes to help families rebuilding after an earthquake. Maybe you are fostering children. There are thousands of ways to change the world. Every person and family is uniquely equipped to love in different ways.
We use the words of great writer and theologian, Frederick Buechner, as a guide:
“The place where God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.”
On Wednesdays I feature one special person, family, or organization that is learning how to love and serve people in World Changing ways. We learn so much every time.
- Jodie Kitchens – 10/12/16 – After 30+ years in corporate financial services Jodie shares her radical re-direct toward non-profit work.
- Dr. Jamie Aten – 10/5/16 – Founder and Co-Director of the Humanitarian Disaster Institute shares how God redeemed his personal disasters with Hurricane Katrina and late-stage cancer.
- CAC – 9/14/16 – Sam Ogles’ journey with Richard Rohr’s Center for Action & Contemplation.
- Seeking Refuge – 8/18/16 – A practical, compelling, and encouraging look at the refugee crisis. A generous, thoughtful interview with co-author Matthew Soerens.
- Refuge Coffee Company – 7/6/16 – A new organization in Clarkson, GA providing resettled refugees with job training, mentoring, and community. We love them!
- Slow Kingdom Coming – 6/8/16 – Practical ideas for pursuing justice, loving mercy and walking humbly when change is so slow in coming (featuring author, Kent Annan)
- Free Family Toolkit – 6/7/16 – 20 Car Questions, 11 Justice & Joy Activities, and Family Prayer Prompts for families exploring compassion and justice (*free download from InterVarsity Press)
- Flashback – 5/18/16 – Our family changed in 2013, when we learned about the need for Clean Water in Africa through Blood:Water Mission (my husband, Chris wrote about it for Dave Ramsey’s website)
- The 9 Arts of Spiritual Conversation – 5/4/15 – Practical, intriguing tips for how to love all kinds of people, especially those different from you (featuring co-author, John Crilly)
- Dawn Baker – 3/30/16 – An artist’s perspective on how art, God, and faith are woven together (Check out her beautiful gallery work!)
- Sole Hope + MOPS – 3/16/16 – Moms gathering to provide shoes and jobs in Uganda
- Leeann – 3/2/16 – Creation Care, Matter Matters, “Church, Birth & Earth”
- The DZ Family – 1/29/16 – Ind*a, Kits for Kids, Hygiene, Missionary Life
- The Pruett Family – 1/13/16 – It’s Not All About You, Homelessness, Food Pantry, Atlanta
- Our 2016 Family Compassion Focus – Questions, Ideas, Free Printables for staring your own Compassion Focus – 12/29/15
- You – Questions, Ideas, Free Printables for staring your own Compassion Focus – 12/29/15
- Jesus – 12/22/15
- Moms – Compassion Experts – 12/16/15
- The Beaird Family – Prayer, Advent, Jesse Tree – 11/25/15
- The Ferguson Family – People’s Resource Center, Food Pantry, Turkey Run – 11/18/15
- Danielle – Trading Hope, Honduras, Art – 11/11/15
- Mary Part 1 & Part 2 – Homelessness, Chicago, Socktober – 10/21 & 10/28
- Greta – Haiti, Haiti Partners, Homeless, Orphans – 10/14/15
- The Powell Family Part 1 & Part 2 – Kenya, Naomi’s Village, Rift Fellowship, Wells of Joy, Short Term Missions- 10/7/15 & 11/4/15
- The Evans Family – HEED, School, Uganda – 9/30/15
- The Farrell Family – International Adoption (Ukraine) 1U Project – 9/16/15
- The Berger Family Part 1 & Part 2 – International Adoption (China & Nepal), Foster Care, GoHope – 9/2/15 & 9/10/15
- The Severson Family – Ronald McDonald House – 3/12/15
I’d love to hear about the Compassion Experiment you’re trying. Please share in the comments below or write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I can’t wait!
©Aimee Fritz & Family Compassion Focus, 2016.